Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What are the necessary steps in order for an American to move and work in England


What are the necessary steps in order for an American to move and work in England?
I am going to be graduating from Culinary school in a year or so and would like to expand my horizons by moving abroad. I was wondering what steps are necessary to legally move and work in London.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think they have work visas there, but if I recall correctly they are not as easy to come by as they used to be, and I think they are for relatively short periods of time. It can be done though, and as I recall (although this is from pre-terrorist days) it is much easier to do than the other way 'round. One thing though, you probably will be required to have a few of your teeth removed before migrating there ;) (HEY!!! Just teasin')
2 :
The easiest way would be to look up the website of the concerned country. One of the links you can check is http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/