Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm a registered nurse from Texas, is it possible to acquire TEMPORARY work in England


I'm a registered nurse from Texas, is it possible to acquire TEMPORARY work in England ?
Maybe for a month at a time, would I be able to get a visa for that somehow? I've heard they need nurses, and this would help me finance visits to my boyfriend who lives in Newcastle
Newcastle - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I could ask my Mom. She is a registered nurse who teaches at a University in Texas. She is also a doctor, but she was a nurse first; therefore, she keeps her nursing license, M.D. credentials and also her teaching certification. She knows ( but she is not at all pompous) it all and I talk to her everyday. I know of one time she nursed at the US Virgin Islands St. Thomas. So if you want, I can ask her. If no one else knows, give me a note.
2 :
I am a nurse also. My daughter married a wonderful guy from Newcastle. I met an English nurse there last Feb. The pay is quite a bit less than we are use to (I live in Cleveland Oh) and the cost of living is higher too. My understanding is that they do need nurses but getting a Visa is not easy
3 :
If you were to receive an offer of employment from a company in the UK they could sponsor you for a work permit however for only a month at a time it would be very expensive and a lot of hassle. You would probably need to come here for at least 6 months to make it worthwhile.
4 :
Over in england our health service is called the NHS (National health service) but for you to work there you will need a VISA now to apply there you need to speak to BRITISH IMMAGRANTS and you will get one