Sunday, February 7, 2010

Would like to work in England. Who can give me some advice


Would like to work in England. Who can give me some advice?
I'd like to work some time in England. I know about the conditions in Switzerland but I've no clue about your conditions. Where do I get workpermissions? Could I go somewhere and ask for a job to get a work permisslion like foreigners can do in CH? How does it work with taxes? Please help me to get as much information as possible. by the way I'm Swiss
Other - United Kingdom - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could contact: -The US consulate -Visa/passport services -Board of Naturalization (Citzen issues) -The IRS -Employment agencies in the U.K.
2 :
Gruetzi! Ok, so I worked in Switzerland and England, so I know a little about both systems. You will need to apply for a work visa for the UK. If you have some family connections, it makes that so much easier. Also, if you have a job lined up before you go, it makes the process much easier, too. Since I was in the UK as a teacher, I had to apply for a Holiday Maker, which allowed me to work for 1 year. You can check out this website for information and application. You should also seek advice from the British consulate, most likely in Bern. Ich wunsche dich eine geute!