Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can I Work in England with a student visa


Can I Work in England with a student visa?
I am a Canadian citizen planning to go to a guitar school in London. Will I legally be allowed to work there, while I study?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have a student visa you are allowed to work.
2 :
when I was a student in UK I was not allowed to work (I was US) however I have finished in 2000 and that may have changed now.
3 :
Yes you may work in the U.K. However the following restrictions are in place. - You cannot work for more than 20 hours a week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies, has been agreed with your educational institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognised examining body. - You cannot do business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer. - You cannot work full-time in a permanent job.