Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Will my american laptop plug work in england with just a prong converter or do i need a total converter


Will my american laptop plug work in england with just a prong converter or do i need a total converter?
its says on my plug input 120-240v.........I know england is 220 so does that mean im good to go with just the prong converter
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
+The AC in Europe is different than the U.S. My advice would be to buy yourself a converter for Europe. It's better to spend a few bucks and be sure than to fry your laptop trying to pinch a penny. What would a new laptop cost as opposed to buying the converter? Think about it.
2 :
The prong should be fine.
3 :
Yes you will be fine if the plug input says 120-240 as it will self regulate
4 :
Most modern laptops will support both will support both power types, so a plug adapter is all you need. I've done it many times all over Europe. If you are worried check the manufacturers website for your model, but I'm sure you will be OK. Cell phone and camera chargers should also be OK but check the manufacturer's website to be certain. I fried a portable printer by not checking. For such a small thing it made a loud bang! Hope this helps