Friday, April 1, 2011

Would an apple iPhone (pay as you go or contract) bought from america work in england


Would an apple iPhone (pay as you go or contract) bought from america work in england?
Please could you let me know as soon as possible, Thanks.
Cell Phones & Plans - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think so. Most phones offer international calling, but those calls have to be made from the US, not from a different country. Just buy a calling card in england when you get there...those phone booths are everywhere.
2 :
If it did work the roaming charges would be horrible.
3 :
who really cares....................not me....are you nick kevin or joe.(The following only applies if you answered yes to the previous questions) ..I LOVE YOU!!!!!U R HOTT!!!! MARRY ME PLEASE.
4 :
I'm not positive, but I would think so because I bought a European Sony Ericsson and used it successfully in America. It reset itself to function off of the AT&T towers here, so I imagine it would be the same in the opposite way.
5 :
It would work but seeings as it won't be out in America on pay as you go, you'd end up paying sky high roaming rates on the contract. Either buy an unlocked phone, or just get it on O2UK pay as you go.