Saturday, May 1, 2010

May I work in England or Scotland


May I work in England or Scotland ?
Hi, I have studied civil engineering in Turkey. I am planning on applying to Structural Engineering Masters Program in England next year. If I get accepted, and get my degree on Structural Engineering in England, can I find a job in this area? For example, foreign doctors can not work in Turkey. Is there such rule in England? (or Scotland) Thank you.
Other - United Kingdom - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I jus got back from de pub, mate. Such a heavy question. Best thing is to ask the town's rep in Parliment what he/she thinks.
2 :
regarding structural engineering there are no restrictions on where you gained the qualifications from. as long as the qualification is accepted (something like that standard would) and obviously the required work permits. england and scotland don't differ very much in terms of regulations.
3 :
Turkey isn't in the EU yet is it? So you would haveto get a work permit. Once you had that though england & Scotland are part of one country (the UK) so you could work in either country or even Wales or Northern Ireland if you wanted too.