Friday, May 21, 2010

What documents do I need to work in England if I am an E.U member


What documents do I need to work in England if I am an E.U member?
I am a third level student in Dublin, Ireland and wish to go to London to work for the Summer. I have a European passport but are there any other forms of documentation I might need? For example do I need to get an English PPS number? Any help anybody can give me would be really appreciated!! :)
London - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should be able to get some useful information at this Government Border Agency site... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/ This site gives you information about applying for a National Insurance Number...you need one to be able to work... http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BeginnersGuideToBenefits/DG_10014073 You should be aware though that jobs are very few and far between in all parts of the UK, and people are still losing their jobs, so there will be lots of people going after the same jobs that you would be interested in.