Sunday, August 21, 2011

If I go to medical school in the U.S.but wish to work in England as a doctor how does that work


If I go to medical school in the U.S.but wish to work in England as a doctor how does that work?
I am in the process of applying to med schools, I want to get my MD from a American University, but I'm corious, if I wish to work and live in England, or another european country how does that work will I have to start all over again?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not, especially if it is a country like England (they speak English) You problably have to go over some work, but not all over. Why not go to a school in England? I mean, all medical school are funded by taxpayers, so take a space in England istead of here in the US (My opinion) Do know that england has national healthcare, and there are many doctors and nurses that come to the U.S. from there. UK has lost MUCh of its economic and military power. Og you still want the UK, you can. for your interest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6958220.stm Here it is: http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/plab/index.asp Just More: http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-exams-plab.htm
2 :
If you complete med school and residency in the US you will not have to repeat any of your education or training to work in the UK, but you will have to pass their licensing exam (called the PLAB). It's much like the USMLE (which you will have to take in order to get your MD in the US). As with the USMLE, the first part is heavy into the Basic Sciences, so the sooner you take it the better, otherwise, those pesky formulas and such have a way of fading in memory.